[meteorite-list] Fireballs From The Sky: Bombarded

From: Matthias Bärmann <majbaermann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:58:36 +0200

Hello Eric,

four days ago I tried to post the following text to the list but obviously
it didn't get through:

Estimated list-members,

sorry, in German only, but interesting regarding the question whether the
subjective impression of more meteoroids hitting earth correlates to an
objective fact:

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/wissen/678/462297/text/

Short summary:

Refering to Nasa expert David Morrison an increasing accumulation of
meteoritical material in the mud-layer at the deep sea bottom proves that
our solar system passes throgh a region of denser space-traffic during the
last few years. (With other words: Bassikounou, Chergach, Hosur, Tamdaght,
West, Lolland, Station 6 etc. - obviously not only just by chance.)

In this context the text also underlines the increasing probability of
bigger asteroids hitting our planet. But, alas, in contrary to the USA
nearly nothing seems to be done in Europe to reenforce programms for
monitoring the asteroidical traffic around earth.

Best regards,

Matthias