[meteorite-list] Ad : eBay Auctions Closing Tomorrow - MAPS journal w/ Nininger

From: Michael Gilmer <michael_w_gilmer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 16:30:03 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings List!

Auctions ending tomorrow - Sunday, March 22, 2009.

All auctions started at .99 cents with no reserve. All are still
at bargain prices. :)

All specimens I offer have tested negative for Andromeda Strain as
required under pan-galactic treaty.

NOTE - I will *not* ship anything COD to Cygnus X-1. I always lose
my merchandise and never hear anything back or receive payment.

>>> Meteoritical Society MAPS Journal - Volume 43, Number 10,
October 2008.

This issue has the article - "Harvey Nininger's 1948 Attempt to
Nationalize Meteor Crater."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290303192630

>>> Meteorwrongs Display - an assortment of meteorwrongs in a Riker
 box.

There are several specimens here, one of which is very convincing
in appearance. Also present are a few other visual imposters and
some magnetite, hematite, silicated desert rocks and some other
unknown oddballs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290303182547

>>> Seven Different Micromounts - Starter Collection of Meteorites
 and Tektite.

This would make a nice little starter kit for a newbie, or could be
used to fill holes in a larger collection. This set includes -
Pallasovka, Zag, Dawn(a), Chergach, NWA 3117 howardite,
Muonionalusta, and Indochinite tektite.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290303186317

>>> Trinitite Display - Nice specimen with a rare Natural Hole.

This is a 2.6 gram piece of trinitite that has a natural hole in
it. This is the only piece of trinitite I have seen (out of many
hundreds) that has such a well-formed hole going completely through
it. This piece comes in a Riker box and has one of Roman's metal
labels.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290303181025

>>> Moon & Mars Rocks Display Kit - Lunar and Martian-origin
micromounts in a Riker box.

Micromounts of Lunar NWA 4881 and Martian NWA 4925 in individual
display cases. Both come in a Riker box for combined display.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290303178759

Thanks for looking and clear skies!

MikeG

Michael Gilmer (Louisiana, USA)
Member of the Meteoritical Society.
Member of the Bayou Region Stargazers Network.
Websites - http://www.galactic-stone.com and http://www.glassthrower.com