[meteorite-list] Meteorite hunter: Find near Aquilla nets $10, 000

From: JASON PHILLIPS <jnbran_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 17:24:09 -0500

Hello List,
"One e-mail came from a man who identified himself as a clergyman from the
Midwest who didn't want to take the time come down and hunt himself but was
willing to pay a hefty sum for a meteorite."

I was that clergyman from the midwest (Illinois) and I am glad that I did
take the time to come down, one week to be exact. This misinformation must
have stemmed from the numerous emails I sent out before my arrival to
prepare things and get to know the locals. And I was also not willing to
pay hefty sums for a meteorite. I did though have a wonderful time and
enjoyed hunting with all of the wonderful people while I was there and am
very pleased with the four stones I found.

Thanks to everyone who made this fall/hunt so wonderful,

Jason Phillips

Rocks from Heaven