[meteorite-list] Wanted - West Texas meteorite sample

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 16:13:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi to all, Hope everyones day has been good.

I am looking for a sample of the recent Texas fall, perhaps 2-4 grams - I dont think I could afford much more then that, otherwise I would be looking for a whole stone around 10 grams or so...
It does not matter if its a slice, whole stone, fragment - anything will do.

I am in the process of getting a display together for the Catawba County Science Center for public exhibition and would love to have a sample of this fall along with a local news paper to offer them.

The center does not have much of a meteorite display (or the budget to get one) and it is my hope to change that.
I have a rather nice collection that just sits in my living room and I am wanting to be able to allow others to enjoy it so I am going to be loaning them a very nice assortment of meteorites...

If anyone has a sample of this they would be willing to sell at a good price or even do a part cash/part trade for, please contact me off list.

The sample would not evar be resold and would be used for a very good cause - I do want to say that the piece would be mine, but it will be loaned for at least 3 months, perhaps 6 months and enjoyed by many visitors to the Science Center.

The exhibit should be up and running within a few weeks (hopefully - secure displays need to be made first)
I plan to share pictures once its set up - I will be using the IMCA logos for the display, but will also credit anyone who offers me a sample of this.

Thanks in advance,

Greg Catterton
IMCA 4682
www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com