[meteorite-list] Rocks from Space Picture of the Day - March 14, 2009

From: Dave Gheesling <dave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 13:49:14 -0400

Darryl, Greg & All,
Yes, Michael's muse has served all of us well! When he's posted upcoming
auction lots on RFSPOD, however, he's also made it very clear that these
were specimens for sale (and I always love seeing those great pieces,
Michael!). There is no question whatsoever that Greg hadn't meant for those
posts -- particularly the timing of them -- to come out the way they did,
and he addressed that quickly and with class. Somewhat analogous to another
recent thread around a lack of clarity in marketing, it was the possible
interpretation of the way his West specimens were posted in conjunction with
the RFSPOD images (which, by the way, were terrific and I'm glad, Greg, you
thought to take that photo before digging!) which led Greg to realize
immediately that he should address the issue and clarify things. And he
did...perfectly. If only that were the case in all such arenas of possible
confusion ;-)
Dave
www.fallingrocks.com