[meteorite-list] Witnessed Falls and Hammers - CARANCAS

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 22:13:25 -0700

Elton,
I am not trying to cross swords with you . I am simply stating that we were the most informed people there at the time. We were picking up meteorites while the list was trying to decide whether the event was caused by a meteorite or a bomb?
In the English transaction on the video A bull is a male animal not necessarily a cow.
This was my very first experience with a fall and with meteorite collection in general. I confess I had no idea that the death of animals would become such am important part of this or there would be photos.
You speak of forensics and necropsy like this all occurred in America. Please keep things in perspective here.
Again no hard feeling I just want people to know that we gathered the information that we thought was impoertant.That's all. This was a learning experience for all of us. Bob told us the dust was worthless. I am glad that turned out wrong. It saddens me that the proper science was not done because even the scientists to this day still disagree with each other on this one. I am still waiting on the cosmochemistry report to be published.
Thank you.
Carl