[meteorite-list] Witnessed Falls and Hammers - CARANCAS

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 18:30:42 -0700 (PDT)

I recall from reports at the time that some already dead and buried "Carcancas Carcasses" were excavated/exposed by/near the crater. Something else was mentioned during the fog of thought and fear immediately engulfing the event:a claim was made that animals had been killed by the impact in the event a re-reimbursement claim could be made should this turn out to be an errant military munition or other big pocket liability claim. Subsequently the animal deaths were confirmed to have been several days before.AFAIR

So I guess the new moniker for this class could be "grave digger".

Elton