[meteorite-list] Even More stupid media use of meteorites

From: Carl 's <carloselguapo1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 07:51:59 -0700

Hello Larry, Darren and All,

Whoa!! That trailer looks awesome! First time I'd seen it. I'm a sucker for these disaster movies. How many times have you seen a nuclear aircraft carrier capsizing unto a city? Anyway, thanks to everyone one this list, at least I now know incoming stones shouldn't be flaming like that. So at least not everyone will be believing all of this stuff. I wonder if they'll show people scrambling around collecting those meteorites? Now that would be funny and more believable. No, I'm not making fun of meteorite hunters but I think it's something most of us on this list would do.

Of course the sun (and presumable us) won't be in the center of the galaxy in 2012, but would appear thru line of sight to be. I think it's all a matter of language.

Carl, the easily awestruck.