[meteorite-list] Even More stupid media use of meteorites

From: Paul <bristolia_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 04:59:34 -0700 (PDT)

Darren wrote:
" http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/2012/trailer "

For even more hype, disaster movie "2012" also has a faux scientific website at:

http://www.instituteforhumancontinuity.org/

It is the "home" of a entirely fictitious "The Institute for Human Continuity". The website
has a fictional lottery to select those who will be saved when 94 percent of the world is
destroyed as a result of a fictional Earth Crustal Displacement. I guess nobody ever went
broke underestimating the gullibility of the American public.

In addition, ABC will have mini-series called "Impact" will be broadcast on June 21. It
is about a giant meteor storm that hits the Moon increasing it mass to the point that it
becomes twice that of Earth and threatens to fall on Earth. It is discussed in "If I watch
this I hope the Moon *will* hit the Earth" on the "Bad Astronomy" web page at:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/06/15/if-i-watch-this-i-hope-the-moon-will-hit-the-earth/

Best Regards

Paul H.