[meteorite-list] Dealers, Sellers: Please INSURE your shipments

From: Mike Miller <meteoritefinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 16:35:03 -0700

Hi Gary sorry to hear about this loss. I will be interested to hear
some of the non US dealers and sellers answer here. I know when I buy
from other countries I use either Pay pal or a major credit card. I
did one time have a problem with a decent sized Muonionalusta never
arriving. So I reported this to the Credit card company and with
little or no work they gave me the money back. The same is true of Pay
pal if a shipment would arrive in part they have a process to go
through designed to protect the buyer. I have never used the Pay pal
buyer protection, but my customers have a couple times and it simply
means the buyer gets their money back. EBay is the same way, if the
buyer does not get the item they will get their money back. Seems like
there is a pattern starting to develop here.
  Now this seller is not necessarily bound by these other companies
but it is in their best interest to make sure the customer is
satisfied with the out come of this transaction. A seller is only as
good as his or her reputation and in our small community new travels
very fast.
 Also many times when I ship fairly expensive items outside the US
insurance is not even an option. The limits are small and I don't
remember the numbers but they are no where near $1600.

--
Mike Miller 230 Greenway Dr. Kingman Az 86401
www.meteoritefinder.com