[meteorite-list] Koenigsbrueck, Saxonia is a hot desert find-Fakes even in Morocco!

From: michael cottingham <mikewren_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 09:37:55 -0700

Hello,

Just a quick and funny side note. When Mike Farmer and I were making
those first trips to Morocco, I remember on trip #1 going to a house
where we were told a "New" iron meteorite was located. When we got
there the owner brought out the "new" iron for us to see and purchase.
Mike and I looked at it and then each other, it took us about 42
seconds to see that it was an NANTAN! No doubt what so ever. I was
thinking wow, even over here with thousands upon thousands of desert
meteorites at their feet, they are still trying to pull a fast one!
Go figure.

Best Wishes

Michael Cottingham