[meteorite-list] Example of Lipping and direction stumper. TAKE 2

From: Dark Matter <freequarks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:02:06 -0700

Hi MT,

Back in July of 2003, I posted a collection of pics of oriented irons
known then as Taza in my Accretion Desk article:

http://www.meteorite-times.com/Back_Links/2003/July/Accretion_Desk.htm

I highlighted a couple of fully lipped individuals also wondering how
such a feature could form. I believe it was Jim Tobin who suggested
that the iron was spinning like a wheel parallel to the direction of
travel and the lipping produced a "tire effect" around the surface
interior which, as is especially viewable in the specimen I nicknamed
"a bowl full of flowlines" seemed to have no directional orientation
in the usual way, and in fact, has much in common with the Allende pic
you posted.

Best,

Martin