[meteorite-list] Example of Lipping and direction stumper. TAKE 2

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 19:41:39 -0700

Hi McCartney,
        In the photo, first of all, if it is an oriented meteorite (and it
seams to be) one is looking at the flat back side. One can see SOME
Lipping on the left - especially, the upper left, but this specimen
certainly does not display much in the way of lipping.
        In addition, some of the flow lines (very slight) on the back
indicate that during part of the fall, the flat "back side" of the stone
Flipped around and was the face (or one might say it spent some
Time tumbling as it moved through the atmosphere).
        All of these and many more phenomena will be explained with
LOTS of photos in my book which is nearly ready to "go to print" and
Should be available shortly.
        I have narrowed down the name and it will be, ASPECTS OF ORIENTED
METEORITES or METEORITES SHOWING ASPECTS OF ORIENTATION.
        Best wishes, Michael