[meteorite-list] PHOTOS NEEDED - RSVP

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 16:28:30 -0700

 Hi all,
        I am in the final all nighters stages of finishing my book on
ASPECTS OF METEORITE ORITENTATION.
        I am very dissappointed at the relatively few regmaglypted
Meteorite photos I have. I blew it and didn't get a photo of the fabulous
Regmaglypted nose cone in Mike Farmer's room a few Tucson Shows
Back (the owner passed on a $100K offer, just to let you know how fabulous
that puppy was)
And to this day I bemoan the fact I passed on a CHEAP totally regmaglypted
Oriented Millbillilly my first year of collecting "because I already have a
Nice Millbillilli and that one is all covered in that red mud." (!)
        Anyway, anyone with an oriented meteorite with regmaglypting
(especially stones) your photos are desired - and of course, you
Will be given full credit (and we all know a stone becomes more valuable
When it is in print).
        Photos would IDEALLY be 6 inches at the longest point and 300dpi.
If you don't know how to set the dpi, then the largest photo you can send
Me the better. Focus and lighting are, of course, key issues.
        Please send as many photos as possible (digital photos are free),
but only one per email.
        Any other special oriented specimens are welcome, but the
regmaglypted ones I really need.
        The book is shaping up really nicely - but I do need a bunch of
Regmeglypted oriented specimens.
        RSVP all.
        Thanks, Michael (OFF LIST, of course)