[meteorite-list] My Ebay suspension

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 18:46:19 -0700 (PDT)

Wow, that sucks man. Ebay really is such a joke anymore.
They do nothing about people who sell fake meteorites unless you really give them hell, yet they do things like this.

I was listing links to my website (before I even had it set up with prices and such) and Ebay pulled something like 25 of my listings about a year ago. It seems someone was reporting my listings for violating ebay policy about links... I then relisted them and included links to the Meteorite database, those were pulled becouse you could supposedly link from that to places that had meteorites for sale - that were not even mine!

I have been trying to get a power seller status to reduce the costs of fees, but for someone like me that really does not sell much, its pretty hard to do - I loose something like 15-20% of my sales to fees...

I wish Erics meteorite auction site would have taken off, or someone would come up with a viable ebay alternative that would do well.

anyway, I hope you are able to get whatever it was worked out. It sucks ebay will suspend you but not provide better information as to the reason.

Greg C.