[meteorite-list] Fw: Arizona Fall "a secret"

From: Mark <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 15:23:07 -0700

I know lots of people that are gold prospectors here in Arizona, they will
take anyone anytime to teach them how to find gold. These same poeple guard
their areas well and no amount of talking or liquer will persuade them to
give up their best locations. I have found that if you show these people a
willingness to work hard, walk for miles, sweat you ass off and not complain
they will take you to the places they find the best gold.

Greg, you are sounding a bit childish here. I do not hunt meteorites and I
live in AZ. I do buy meteorites from time to time and I expect to pay for
the hard work that goes into the recovery of the stones. I have been gold
prospecting a couple of times and found that it was hours of back breaking
work in the hot desert, digging in unforgiving ground only to find nothing.

The same goes for finding meteorites, well except the digging for the most
part. Gold is found WAY more easily than space rocks.

I have been on this board for many years and I have always found that
EVERYONE here is always willing to help, teach, instruct, and give all the
info they have to anyone here who asks.

PERHAPS I missed the post where you POLITELY asked to help, if so I
apologize but so far all I have seen is WHINING.

Perhaps if you were to offer your help and explain what you can, could or
would be willing to contribute to a project, someone might step up and ask
you along.

Mark M.
Phoenix AZ