[meteorite-list] Arizona fall

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 21:39:19 -0400

Well put Martin. :)

Private landowner first - if the meteorite falls on private property.
(large corporations and governments need not apply)

Science next - with the hopes that private landowner will do the right
thing and donate some of the fall to science.

Hunters next - they do the real work to bring the specimens to light.

Collectors and peanut gallery last - our dollars provide the incentive
for all of the above (with the exception of science) to care about
meteorites. But we don't do the field work or the science.

I don't begrudge anyone who is out there in the field working this new
Arizona strewnfield - provided that they are doing the right thing for
the landowners and science. I envy them and wish I could be there
too. Congrats again to Jack and company for working this new fall.

Early question - what will this fall be called? What is the nearest
geological feature or post office?

Early question #2 - any guesses on what the type might be?

Best regards and happy hunting,

MikeG