[meteorite-list] Opinions on an oddball meteorite I cut open

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 22:20:44 -0400

Hi Elton and List,

I fairly certain it is a meteorite, and from the advice I have
received, it is probably an LL6 or something thereabouts - low
magnetism and a general lack of distinct chondrules - some of those
types have a grey matrix and can casually resemble a eucrite. This is
what I have been told by some more experienced List members. If it
was larger or something possibly more rare, I would consider having it
classified. But, given that it's likely an OC and it's very small, I
doubt it will ever be classified. It will go back into the oddball
box to keep the others company. ;)

Unless someone wants to volunteer their skills and microscope to make
a better determination on it - in which case I will mail out a slice
for a free.

Best regards,

MikeG