[meteorite-list] ADD Cottingham

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 22:01:30 -0800 (PST)

The "Anti Ad" propaganda is running about 2 to 3 times the actual ads being posted. Is it really to difficult to just delete 2 or 3 extra emails a day in addition to all the ads that everybody gets for penis and breast enlargement - the real spam?
If I remember correctly the "One ad a week rule" was mentioned because half a dozen people whined and whined so much like a 6 month old baby for months that the other 900 people on the list who didnt care got sick of all the whining so it was an effort to shut them up.
Then later, two or 3 people unilaterally declared themselves sheriff and them pulverized the list with anti spam "Holier than thou" messages than again made everybody sick.
If you go on any discussion list on any topic and the list is much better, more active, and much more postings when there is a healthy posting of sale ads.
While you are right that an ads effectiveness might be lessened if one overdoes it I dont see the problem with having to delete a couple extra emails a week. What is irritating is listening to a smaller number of people constantly whine about ads than the number of dealers who actually post ads. That detracts from the list. The whining and bickering and wasted useless emails whining about other list members.
Bottom line is this: If you have a problem with ads why are you harassing 900 people who have no ability to do anything? What are you hoping to accomplish by complaining to me and 900 other people. Complain in private to Art or to the offender. I dont want to receive your whining emails.
And yes, I can delete them
Somebody needs a cold guinness and a life.
Sincerely
DEAN