[meteorite-list] Hunting stick?

From: Mike Groetz <mpg444_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 06:16:44 -0800 (PST)

Harry-
   I was going to mention the hard drive mangnets as Pete did. That is what I used.
   However- I did cut a circular piece of 1/8" plexiglass, mount it angular to end of the pole ( I used dowel rod from Lowes, Home Depot etc.)and mount the magnets to the top of the plexiglass (magnetic side down).
   After ahile you will build up dust on the bottom of the plexiglass and can wipe it right off- not dusting up and building around the magnets.
Mike