[meteorite-list] Ringwoodite

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 18:12:07 -0500

Greetings, all,

In the experience of the chondrite-cutters, how common are you finding ringwoodite in shock melt veins?

Personally, I've only seen (what I believe to be) ringwoodite in two stones out of the dozens I've cut.

How about size? In mine, the largest area is ~ .5 mm.

For such an outstanding indigo blue colour in a generally brown matrix, I'm surprised there isn't that much information about the mineral in meteorites on the internet or my books.

Cheers,
Pete