[meteorite-list] New meteorite fall Morocco

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 17:49:26 -0500

Great pictures, Aid!
That is a rocky terrain I've never experienced.

Questions: "Burned sand"? I'd like to see some pictures of that, if possible, or a detailed verbal description.
Any pictures of impact pits/craters before they were disturbed?

Also, is this the same fall that was described earlier as mostly in snow-covered mountains?
Is it permanent snow at high altitudes, or thaws in Spring?
Is there an update for the size of the fall area?

Best,
Pete