[meteorite-list] Northwest Africa Falls - Question

From: Dark Matter <freequarks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 20:22:53 -0700

Maybe it's because:

1. The region is huge. Draw a line from Kansas to California to
Washington to North Dakota and compare that area to the number of
witnessed falls in what is loosely known as NWA.

2. There are many people around to see the falls.

3. Most places have limited background rock so recovery is easier.

4. There is a 4:3 equatorial focusing of incoming bolides.

 5. In many other countries, folks are working indoors or watching
Wheel of Fortune on TV instead of wheel of fate up in the sky.

-Martin