[meteorite-list] TS storage

From: jbaxter112 at pol.net <jbaxter112_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 20:31:05 -0500 (EST)

Hi Leigh Anne,

As someone who is always itching to look at my specimens, I like keeping
my thin sections in the little standard(~4 1/4 x 3 inch) Riker boxes. One
can fit 3 standard slides parallel to the short side and another two
parallel to the long side. They display nicely against the white cotton
and you can see five all at once.

I'm pretty paranoid about moisture given the high surface to weight ratio
and keep the Riker mounts stored with dessicant in an airtight container
when I'm not using them. I wonder what the list members' experience has
been with both covered and uncovered thin sections?

Cheers,
Jim Baxter