[meteorite-list] Hammers and Thin-Sections

From: Impactika at aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 20:20:38 EST

Hello Walter, and List members,

Walter, you will now find your great table of Hammer-Meteorites on the IMCA
website, you will have to go to the "Met.Info." section, then on the Menu, in
the left column you will find a listing for "the Hammer page". It is a great
page and I am sorry it took so long to get it back. I am told it is entirely
due to a technical problem, so don't ask me for the details. And there are
several other great pages from the old IMCA site that we have not been able to
transfer yet for similar reasons.

Now, for the thin-sections. The most common size seems to be 46mm x 27mm.
Anyway that is the size used by the expert who makes all the thin-sections on my
Catalog. But I always mail them in those little plastic boxes ( 55mm x 35mm x
5mm thick) you see on Mike Jensen's site, so maybe boxes would have to be made
to accomodate that size. I suppose it would depend on the collector's
preference.

And again Happy New Year to everybody.

Anne M. Black
_http://www.impactika.com/_ (http://www.impactika.com/)
_IMPACTIKA at aol.com_ (mailto:IMPACTIKA at aol.com)
Vice-President, I.M.C.A. Inc.
_http://www.imca.cc/_ (http://www.imca.cc/)

In a message dated 1/3/2009 11:36:20 PM Mountain Standard Time,