[meteorite-list] What makes a hammer a hammer?

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 14:17:33 -0800

Hi Dave,
        I am sure you are right. It has been like 30 years since I read the
Book - EXCELLENT read - and that was before I was into meteorites,
So, it held all kinds of fanciful stuff. I am sure major parts of the movies
DEAP IMPACT and The one about the old grogers blowing up the
Asteroid headed for earth were both influenced by this book.
        My favorite, of course, was the guy surfing the tidal wave
Through downtown LA, dodging buildings as one must dodge
Pier footings.
        Best wishes, Michael