[meteorite-list] documentation ideas/discussion

From: Greg Catterton <star_wars_collector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:46:46 -0800 (PST)

I am currently working on a nice format to use for COAs on higher priced material... This is what I have come up with and want to know your thoughts/ideas/suggestions.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c165/jedisdiamond/COAsample.jpg

I think this offers a very nice look and gives the basic information.
Also included will be a document of provenance and more detailed information sheet, all which will include a watermark and nifty hologram sticker that identify me (www.wanderingstarmeteorites.com is what the watermark and holograms will say)

The total cost of doing this is very minimal and in my opinion would help to assure the purchaser of authenticity and make the meteorite sample stand out above others selling similar material.

I am thinking that by offering a nice documentation package, it will help increase sales (this is more focused on "in person" sales and not online)

Not many dealers offer up detailed information, most only provide the standard sized business card with little information on the actual meteorite.

I am constantly looking at ways to improve the presentation of meteorites as that is an area that I see is lacking in todays market.

I would like to know how many here that sell do something like this? (I know Bob C. does nice COAs similar to what I did, I actually used one of his as a starting point)

What do you think of what I have come up with?

Would this make you more likely to buy? (not just from me, but anyone offering up nice documentation package)

Would you consider an additional $5 (about the cost) to get this information (that includes a picture of the sample purchased) worth the additional amount?

I look forward to everyones thoughts and ideas.

Greg C.