[meteorite-list] Meteorite hunters flock to West area

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 19:13:36 -0800 (PST)

All of this land is private, and let me tell you, you had better get permission first, then hunt. Just today we asked permission to hunt one property and were flat out denied, the old woman said that not one person had better set foot on her land. apparently someone had and had been seen by the landowners. We were hunting the property next door and watching those people patrol on four-wheelers, glaring at us.
Strange people out here, but some really nice ones. We contracted several hundred acres today, free to search, we must pay a set gramprice to the owners for anything we find.
We have already made payments to landowners. That is not public need to know, just between the hunters and the landowners.
There will not be any free ride out here, that is for sure.
Some pieces have been found in the roads though, that is finder-keeper.
Michael Farmer