[meteorite-list] Auction Results now posted

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 05:03:25 -0800

Hi all,
        Given that in the past people have enthusiastically
Requested auction results be posted, they are now up
(at:

http://michaelbloodmeteorites.com/AuctionTucson09.html

       Again, auctions are NOT an indication of "Market Value."
They indicate the interests of the few people there AND the
Limits of their pocket books (which are stretched to breaking
At the Tucson Show).... I passed on over 20 % of the offerings
I wanted, primarily because regardless of the "deal" I could not,
at that time, afford them. (I also do not like bidding "against"
Participants except when outright theft is attempted (when
People refuse to open the bidding WAY below value).
        Anyway, results are now "up" for whatever reason people
Are driven to kick themselves for..... Also, please note that the
Last minute crash of my computer system resulted in a total
Loss of absentee bids. A couple people phoned me at the last
Minute, but they were out bid in the action.
        My nomination for the best price brought was the late
Numbered thin Imilac slice. It was as close to perfect as one
Could get and sold for over $18/g. Given its perfection, it might
Also have been one of the best buys. The carbonado diamonds
Were also VERY good deals, but the one people really missed
On was likely the NWA2737 (Chassignite) at a minimum of only
$1,500/g for a one gram slice. VERY nice and a steal compared
To the $50K/g for Chassigny. A couple people snapped up a couple
Of Jerry Armstrong Prints at below cost, as well. I was shocked
To see the quality of his reproductions compared to the computer
Image on my web page of his work - and I am told his talk was
Both fun and very informative.
        Best wishes, Michael