[meteorite-list] Fairly odd meteorites / my guess

From: Bob King <nightsky55_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 21:50:58 -0600

Hi Eric,
If it really isn't oil that somehow leaked into the interior and was
soaked up by the matrix, my suspicion is ordinary water. I have a few
chondrites that no matter what I do, they weep water. I've seen it on
the interior and exterior of ordinary chondrites. Your specimen looks
heavily weathered where it's moist so that's my guess. It's possible
that the water in the meteorite became mixed or dissolved something
inside (salts possibly?) which is why it may seem like oil.
My best guess.
Bob