[meteorite-list] impact melt and metal spheres

From: Phil Morgan <roxfromspace_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 20:33:24 -0700

I cut what I believe to be an unclassified impact melt a while back
and didn't think it had much metal other than a single mm-sized blob
and some very fine threads. I polished it up well the other day and
found many tiny perfect spheres of metal under 20x magnification. I
don't have much to compare it to and am curious as to whether most/all
impact melts contain these. Are there various degrees of melting that
have been documented?

There is a poor picture of a slice here:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/pkmorgan/Sell_Trade/chondrites-1.jpg

There is always something new to discover about these visitors from space.

Thanks in advance and regards,
Phil