[meteorite-list] New Meteorite Book Out

From: McCartney Taylor <mccartney_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 18:37:15 -0600

Finally! The complete account of the Santa Lucia, Argentina meteorite is now out. This is the meteorite fall that occurred last year in January, 2008. This book covers the fall, the field work, the mapping of the strewnfield, addresses the new export law, and tries to do all of that woven around an entertaining story. Meteorite Magazine will have a review in an issue or two.

After working on it for months, the monograph is finished. Its received an ISBN and a copy is submitted to the Library of Congress. Total 68 pages, 9x6, full of great color photos. Google has scanned a few teaser pages and will have them online in 6 weeks, I believe.

For those interested, this will be the first of a series of monographs. Each monograph will cover an individual meteorite falls I've launched expeditions too. Again, for non-native English speakers, a monograph is simply a book which is very focused in scope. In this case, a single meteorite. This book is catered more toward institutions and hard core collectors, it is not a simple introductory text. I took great pain to NOT have a single equation in it; it hurt me to do that.

Available at Lulu Publishing, the link is here:
http://www.lulu.com/content/5344624

They've priced it at $35. Softback, full color, 68pp.

Because this is Tucson weekend, I'll repost this again in a week.