[meteorite-list] time to feed some knuckle sandwiches

From: Dave Gheesling <dave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 22:49:51 -0500

Hello, All,
Sorry to come in late on this one, but I'm just catching up on this thread.
Hopefully the suggestion I've quoted below didn't get anywhere, as this sort
of concession would not only be completely unwarranted but also very well
the beginning of the end. Stop selling Campos?! Even with those list
members -- whom I must respectfully yet completely disagree with on this --
who would like to see the values of meteorites fall such that they can keep
"dollar cost averaging" (as we call it here in the US) and eventually buy
meteorites for nothing, this would seem to to fall astray of any reasonable
aims to maximize material recovery and, therefore, availability...?

"3. As mentioned before, IMCA members would have to agree to follow very
strict rules of conduct concerning other countries laws, that may mean the
removal of listings and sales of certain falls, would the bigger dealers be
willing to stop selling things (such as Campos for example) if it were
required to move forward with this? Obviously certian concessions may have
to be made, as a group would we be willing to do that?"

All best,
Dave
www.fallingrocks.com