[meteorite-list] Meteorite Deaths? Interesting old article-read

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 04:02:42 -0700 (MST)

Hi Sterling:

The events quoted by you from John Lewis' book are open to interpretation.
Similar interpretations give us:

Ezekiel saw a flying saucer

And, for those who like interpretations of the Bible and other writings:

Joshua made the Earth stand still: This was due to the fact that Venus was
a comet that was spun off(?) from Jupiter (do not remember if this was the
source of the Great Red Spot) and flew by the Earth twice before becoming
a new planet. My memory is a little hazy on this, but I think this is also
the source of our oil. [I. Velikovsky] I think that it has been claimed
that this was confirmed when we found out that Venus was hot, having been
predicted by Velikovsky.

Larry

PS Sterling: Are you going to make me go back a reread the book to give
you more specific references?