[meteorite-list] Tucson 2010 Show Website and News

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:16:18 -0700

Dear Listees:

It's hard to believe, but the 2010 Tucson Gem Show is only six weeks
away. My 2010 gem show guide website has been completely updated and I
hope those of you coming to Tucson will find it a useful resource:

http://www.tucsongemandmineralshows.net

It includes the following:

- Dates, venues, and contact info for all shows

- Hotel recommendations

- Restaurant, bar and club guide

- Tips on great day trips from Tucson

- Articles, photos, and tips about the shows

I continue to work with the publishers of the Tucson EZ-Guide and we
recommend this free, full-color book as the best companion for the
Tucson show experience. Copies can be picked up free from any show
venue, beginning in late January:

http://www.tucsongemandmineralshows.net/tucson-ez-guide.htm

The 11th Annual Meteor Mayhem Birthday Bash will take place on Friday,
Feb. 5 and we are working on a rather exciting new venue. Details when
we have them. As usual, Michael Blood's auction will take place on the
following day.

Once again, I'll be exhibiting in Room 230 at the InnSuites with the
fabulous Anne Black. PLEASE NOTE: the hotel name has changed and the
InnSuites is now known as the Hotel Tucson City Center, for some
reason. Phone number and address remain the same. I am also pleased to
announce that my friend Chris Cokinos, author of the wonderful new
meteorite book "The Fallen Sky" will be doing a book signing and meet-
and-greet in our room that same weekend. Details TBA.

And FYI: The Tucson gem show is NOT moving to Las Vegas or anywhere
else : )

And finally the good news: I-10 highway improvements are finished and
all downtown exits are open. So, that means just the *usual* traffic
problems in 2010 : )

With best wishes,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org