[meteorite-list] OTish be careful with those metorite-finding magnets!

From: Michael Murray <mmurray_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 07:03:11 -0700

Good post Darren. Good reminder.
Those were awful big magnets. I keep the smaller ones I use well
separated and don't mess with them once they are on my rake but even
then I am really careful with where and how I use them. Dirk's
accident is a very good reminder of how unforgiving they can be. I
understand also that big NDIB magnets can come together with enough
force to cause them to break, sending shards of the magnet in all
directions. I can't see using those super big magnets for meteorite
hunting anyway.
Mike in CO