[meteorite-list] Libyan (looks like a) crater

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:39:07 -0800 (PST)

Randy,

It does look like a crater! I wouldn't assume it's related to LDG per se, as that glass is found in Egypt. Did he give a rough indication of where in Libya? Wouldn?t an impact site for LDG be a bit larger in scale? The sample looks pretty interesting, but it could be sedimentary in nature because, just looking at the photo, the tiny grains don?t look melted. I would be excited if I found such a feature. Hard to say just from photos.

How about the Sahara explorers ? have you seen many similar features in the desert?

Thanks for sharing!

Mark B.
Vail, AZ