[meteorite-list] Illinois Meteorwrong Announcement/Sort of Ad

From: almitt2 at localnet.com <almitt2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 11:14:57 -0500

Greetings,

Some of you may remember a while back that Joe Kerchner found some
interesting looking specimens while out meteorite hunting. I was
involved in helping him get the specimens to a researcher who has
determined they are a good meteorwrong but not a meteorite.

Many may remember a number of meteorwrongs we have come a cross in the
past like some of the Russian specimens that turned out to be a
terrestrial basalt with nickel in it. I feel that Joe's specimens are
an excellent meteorwrong and have added a sample to my collection. I
thought others might want to contact him and add some also. He is
offering some of this material up for sale. I have added a link so you
can visit his site and consider some of this material or simply look at
it.

http://illinoismeteorites.com/mendotawrongsforsale.htm

You can also contact him here directly. Have fun!

Joe Kerchner illinoismeteorites at gmail.com

Not too often you come across material that looks so promising like Joe
did but still turns out to not be the real McCoy. This is the sort of
item that is fun to add to a collection. All my best!

--AL Mitterling
Mitterling Meteorites