[meteorite-list] On the other hand...

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 01:05:04 -0700

:)

Like I said it's endless... I guess I'm not smart enough to figure out
if we're really real or not, but that's not "really" what I care about.
I care about knowledge. That's what I seek in my never ending quest for
understanding.

Now regardless of the reality of our own existence, knowledge is real.
We are conscious, aware, and we think? Someone said that already though
didn't they, a guy that was probably way smarter than me. A quick search
and I realize it was Rene Descartes that said it first.

Matter does exist, or rather we perceive the effects of matter to be
measurable. Even if it is only in our minds. We see it, touch it, feel
it, experience it, mold it, form it, and in some cases are controlled by
it and surrounded by it.

Does it matter? ;) Yes. because if matter isn't real, then your argument
is moot. And if your argument is moot, then it doesn't matter, because
our perception of the effects of matter is one that not only makes it
exist, but makes it measurable. Does that make sense?

Our own senses and the observable effects that our brains control tells
me that when I drop that meteorite on my foot it's gonna hurt. And it
would in fact cause measurable physical damage. Which is an effect we
perceive. We do in fact think, Therefore our own thoughts are our proof
that we exist.

If you perceive something to be real, it is... Even if only in your own
mind.

Does this mean we're all having one mass hallucination? ;)

Regards,
Eric