[meteorite-list] Three Strikes and You're Out

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 23:07:51 -0400

Hi Fred, Walter and List,

I second what Walter said. I always have a Cloudy Nights tab open in
my browser - it's my second home. The atmosphere there is the
standard by which I judge other forums, lists, and groups. That
family-friendly, on-topic atmosphere is maintained by a dedicated
staff in all time zones around the world - so it would be hard to
duplicate that success here on this particular list. Truth be told, I
would have been moderated on CN for some of the things I have said
here on this List in the past - something I am not proud of. I try
to behave here just as well as I do there - the only big difference is
that vendors are more tightly controlled on CN to maintain
impartiality in the world of astronomy equipment reviews - that site's
primary focus. Meteorite is but a small (but growing) subset of the
CN community. Cloudy Nights is responsible, in part, for guiding me
into the world of astronomy and then meteorites. I wonder how many
other CN members we have lurking on this List?

Best regards and clear skies,

MikeG

--
Michael Gilmer (Florida, USA)