[meteorite-list] Block Island

From: Fries, Marc D <marc.d.fries_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:02:15 -0700

You?d first have to convince me that, in the entire span of time that this
rock sat exposed on the surface, the winds were never (even once) strong
enough to move them along sufficiently to leave them on top of the rock.
Bear in mind that the entire surrounding terrain is covered with wind-blown
dunes.

On the other hand, it seems reasonable to me that the meteorite was once
buried in this terrain and has been exposed, possibly leaving the little
pebbles behind.