[meteorite-list] Block Island

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:06:18 -0500

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 09:55:45 -0700, you wrote:

>Yup. And how does one form such a thing...? And is it "twisted", or did
>something else happen here? Think "Imilac"...

I'm more astounded by those blueberries, which suggest that Block Island
possibly fell before the strata that contained the blueberries was deposited,
which was then eroded away, exposing the meteorite again.

Of course, I can think of a couple of other scenarios as to how they could have
gotten there-- the possibility of the meteorite being covered with flowing water
strong enough to suspend the blueberries, and the possibility of the blueberries
being tossed into the air by a nearby cratering impact.