[meteorite-list] Curiosity- Possible Meteorite?

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 9:39:19 -0700

Michael,
 It does look like a possible meteorite.
I like the flow lines in the third photo but $33.00 more than I would risk to find out unless they showed the filed area.
In future if I were you I would ask for a nickel test and a density test. This is THE easiest test to do. Simply need a scale and some water. If it is just magnetite the bulk density will be around 5. if iron meteorite it will be around 7-8. Big difference for my $33.00 gamble.
--
Carl or Debbie Esparza
IMCA 5829