[meteorite-list] Curiosity- Possible Meteorite?

From: Michael Groetz <mpg4444_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 10:51:48 -0400

Hello-
   Not sure if any of you were following (or possibly won) this ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Unclassified-meteorite-242-2-g-Salt-Fork-State-Park_W0QQitemZ320404111590QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a9992c0e6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

   I was very surprised to see it sold for $33 (started at $9.99)
after (5) bids. I have to admit I watched it since I live maybe 50
miles from where it was found and have been to the area often.
   I know chances are extremely minimal this is really a meteorite-
but somebody is really placing their bets on it. The descriptive
paragraph has many errors and assumptions. For a meteorite to survive
in Ohio damp ground, yet be found it that condition, would be nearly
impossible.
   I would appreciate other's opinions, and if one of you were the
buyer- let us know what you received!
Thank You
Mike G..