[meteorite-list] Holbrook BAD LINKS

From: bolidechaser at yahoo.com <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 19:00:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Erik,

Congratulations on your Easter Hunt at Holbrook.
I really like the way you record your hunt.
All of your images and videos are great.
I particularly like your dad's video where (on the second day, Easter morning) he has returned to the same spot only to find that overnight the strong winds had uncovered, yet, another small Holbrook meteorite.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEFUusagJEQ>

That video makes me realize that, should I go to Holbrook tomorrow and be lucky enough to make a find, it would more likely be a matter of me benefiting from an extra day of windy or rainy weather, and NOT a case of me "finding one that you missed".

As your images show, this is not your first successful trip to Holbrook. And I'm sure you're returning to areas that the both of you have previously searched.

Diminishing returns not withstanding, you and your dad are very savvy to recognize that there are [replenishing] processes at work at Holbrook that are still exhuming meteorites from that fall.

Thanks for reporting that this classic locality is still "producing".

(Makes me wonder what other known localities are getting replenished;-)
[Bob V.]

--------------------------
[meteorite-list] Holbrook BAD LINKS
Erik Fisler erikfwebb at msn.com
Mon Apr 13 14:41:47 EDT 2009

I believe the reason is because every one thinks
the field is hunted out.
It's not hard work and rarely is hot.
It's not off limits at all.
Determination, concentration, and persistence will
get you a Holbrook.
To find only one half gram stone would be enormously
rewarding.

[Erik]