[meteorite-list] Meteorite-list Digest, Vol 67, Issue 20

From: Karl Aston <stlouismeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 22:41:00 -0500

Hi Tim,

I'm in West now using a Fisher Gold Bug 2 and found 3 stones, none of
which I saw before the detector sounded off. Only one would have been
visible at all. One was buried in grass and the other under 2" dirt
in a plowed field. It picked up only 2 meteorwrongs today.

I was shown how to tune the detector my last trip here in a way that
all chondrites (and slag) give a negative signal (a boing sound) and
all man made trash gives the usual positive signal (a sharp zip
sound). It's very easy to mentally tune out the zips. Works very
well for both L's and H's. Contact me and I'll demonstrate.

Karl Aston
314-614-9118