[meteorite-list] Suffolk man says he saw meteor hit UPDATE

From: Meteorites USA <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 01:33:18 -0700

Hi all,

Here's a comment on the PilotOnline.com website report:

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/04/suffolk-man-says-he-saw-meteor-hit

UPDATE: Comment Submitted by funtogo on Sat, 04/04/2009 at 5:19 pm.
After Joe told me Wednesday night about the sighting, I called the
Virginian Pilot to give them his name. The Pilot called him. He was not
so interested in reporting it. He had not read the paper and did not
know about the hub-bub until Tuesday. He did immediately call a friend
to tell them what he had seen, but then let it go. He just thought he
had seen a shooting star. A once in a time event, but not knowing that
so many others had seen it, he just accepted it as an unusual event. He
said he looked around and there were no other cars within sight so I
doubt anyone else saw it. He was returning Sunday night with my
granddaughter Alana from visiting family in Maryland. He has the toll
receipt showing that he paid the toll at 9:29 pm. That would put him on
the bridge about 9:35 assuming the clocks at the toll booth are
accurate. Could be off a few minutes. Based on reports from those at the
ocean front saying they saw it in the northwest sky, this would be
consistant with where it landed. This spot is about half way from
Maryland and North Carolina where people live that reported the
sighting. I accept his report as accurate and agree that someone should
look for it. The water...

What if? If the times are correct on the receipts, they correspond to
the data time and location.

Eric

P.S. Don't forget he did NOT hear the sonic boom, and instead heard the
loud whistling noise.