[meteorite-list] What are the top 5 most important meteoritesfrom NWA?

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 22:19:34 -0400

Hello Jason and List,

Jason wrote:

"NWA 482 - The first NWA lunar that gave all of us a chance to own a piece
of
the moon (and Greg and Adam did an excellent job of letting this meteorite
 reach the scientists and the world).

 NWA 2999- Which probably created more questions than actually shed light,
 but they are great questions to be asked.

 These are just two off the top of my head. I am excited to see what others
 think are some of the greatest."
<<

First, I must correct the fact that Mike Farmer and Jim Strope brought NWA
482 to the meteorite world. Adam and I were very fortunate to have been the
majority stake investors on their Moroccan expedition which produced this
One-of-a-Kind lunar Crown Jewel and we still hold the 312-gram oriented main
mass.

Jason, I can "Thank you" for recognition for NWA 2999 however, the Angrite
from the Sahara which started a lot of, "Where are Angrites from?" abstracts
and articles. I have been extremely fortunate to have been the one source
for all three of the Angrites emerging from NWA, and not to mention my
Saharan friends who helped to bring these to us. NWA 4801 and NWA 4590
"Tamassint" are the freshest Angrites to have survived the ravages of
earth's "Mother Nature-effect" in her attempt to 'terrestrialize' alien
matter once it hits the earth's surface. If interested in Angrites, do not
forget to pick up a copy of the current issue of Astronomy magazine
(November 2008), a good un-biased look at whether Angrites are from Mercury
or another body!

Best regards,
Greg

Greg Hupe