[meteorite-list] Tangible assets

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 02:01:57 -0400

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 00:48:12 -0500, you wrote:

>As rare as they are, the intrinsic value is only as great as the number of people that place a great esoteric value in them. That number dwindles when mortgages and savings crash.

Reminds me of an article on the stock market from yesterday:

"It's in people's minds," Shiller explains. "We're just recording a measure of
what people think the stock market is worth. What the people who are willing to
trade today ? who are very, very few people ? are actually trading at. So we're
just extrapolating that and thinking, well, maybe that's what everyone thinks
it's worth."

Works the same way for meteorites, I'd say.