[meteorite-list] Old Holbrook Photo - Info Requested

From: Mike Bandli <fuzzfoot_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:27:31 -0800

Since Holbrook was being discussed recently, it reminded me of something. I
purchased this interesting and original photograph of Holbrook stones. The
owner of the photograph alleged that it was an original used to illustrate
one of the Ward-Coonley Meteorite catalogs, but I do not own any of them and
cannot verify this. The only Ward-Coonley catalog I can find online was
printed a decade before Holbrook fell, so this may not be true.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/877141/Holbrook.jpg

Does anyone recognize this photo? It appears that gravel was placed on a
white cloth and the stones set in place to illustrate a meteorite
strewnfield.

Additional info: the number 11466 was etched on the original negative. And
'1/10 Diam.' was physically typed on the photo itself. Judging by the scale
of other objects in the photo, I would guess the largest stone in this photo
is 4-6 inches wide.

Input is appreciated!

Mike Bandli